The natural beauty of Florianópolis enchants everyone. The archipelogue is formed by 46 islands, 32 belonging to the municipality, with more than 100 beaches spread over the islands and the continent.
In addition to many other attractions, such as the bustling Lagoa da Conceição and the quiet Lagoa do Peri, the traditional Historic Center, the bustling Avenida Beira-Mar, the bucolic Azorean neighborhoods of Santo Antônio de Lisboa and Ribeirão da Ilha and the imposing colonial fortresses. Not to mention museums, churches, theaters and the city's postcard: the Hercílio Luz bridge.
The capital of Santa Catarina has been gathering mysteries and legends for more than 6 thousand years, with rock art, going through indigenous records, until arriving at the tales and legends of witches and spells by Franklin Cascaes, contacts by the former residents of the region.
The city has a coastline of 172Km well cut, which goes around 54Km in length and 18Km in width, in a total of 433Km², divided between island and continent.
Among the awards received by the city, the following stand out:
- Brazilian capital with more security and quality of life, according to IBGE;
- Creative City in Gastronomy, by Unesco;
- Best Brazilian health capital, according to the Ministry of Health;
- One of the best cities in the country to host international events, according to the ICCA Ranking;
- One of the best party destinations on the planet, according to The New York Times.
Floripa, Creative City
In this video, produced for Florianópolis City Hall, you can see a little of the beauties of The Magic Island and why Floripa is one of the main tourist destinations in Brazil: exuberant nature, cultural wealth, technology, sporting events, creative business and excellent gastronomy.